Make 2020 “Visit Croatia Year”
Croatia is a country well-worth traveling to. Its beautiful beaches and historic atmosphere will call you to come back time and time again. And, when we consider the recent conflict-filled history of the country, you’ll be doubly glad that traveling in and around Croatia is finally possible.
The best time to travel to Croatia is from May to August, when the days are long and the weather is nice and warm. You’ll find that you’ll get good value for your money, too, as food and accommodations are very reasonable.
And if you’re a Game of Thrones fan, you’ll actually get to see many places where the series was filmed. The city of Dubrovnik is where King’s Landing is filmed, and GOT’s Mereen and Qarth were also filmed in different places in the country. Who knows but during your visit, you may just see celebrities walking the streets of Croatia right beside you.
So, here are the top 8 reasons to visit this wonderful country
- The beaches are amazing—with pebbled sand and crystal clear water. Zlani Rat is without a doubt the best known beach in the country, but you’ll also find equally beautiful beaches in other places, such as Nugal, which is actually on the mainland.
- The capital of Zagreb is famous for delicious coffee. Don’t miss out. Go and see the Museum of Contemporary Art in Zagreb, too, and if you’re feeling particularly brokenhearted, go visit the Museum of Broken Relationships in Zagreb.
- The national parks are breathtaking—don’t feel like you have to visit all 8 of Croatia’s national parks, although if you have the time to, why not? Two of these parks are UNESCO world sites—Krka and Plitvice Lakes. The waterfalls alone will leave you breathless.
- Marco Polo was born in Croatia! Visit Korcula, where the great explorer was supposed to have been born, although the Italians would find that debatable. Nevertheless, this medieval city is worth a look.
- Dolphins and wrecks. On a good day you may see some dolphins, otherwise just go scuba diving and explore a German shipwreck from Worlf War 2.
- Go climb a Croatian mountain. Croatia isn’t’ just about bodies of water—it’s got soaring mountains as well. Just a few miles from the sea you’ll find the Bikovo mountain range, and climbers and trekkers can climb to their hearts’ content.
- The food—specifically the truffles. And the wine. And the olive oil. Everything is grown locally and is full of delicious flavor.
- Nerds and Geeks will be happy about the GOT feel of the place, and plus, there is a Croatian monument that looks like the Millennium Falcon in the Moslavina region.
Croatia is an amazing place in so many ways. You deserve to see it in 2020.